Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Small Update



Hi Everyone! Hope that things are going well wherever you are right now, and I pray that God walks close to you. Well, where to begin? Things have really flown by this past month (still can't believe its been that long), and there are so many things that have happened. First off I gota say that God is GOOD! Never in a million years could I have imagined what God would be doing with me right now, it still blows my mind to think about how He's blessed me!

One of the members of the church has been studying with a friends grandmother for about a month or more now, and last Saturday she was baptized. Now I want this to sink in... A man that Paul first taught and studied with is now out in the world trying to do the same thing! It blows me away to see how God can radically change lives in such a short ammount of time!

These past few weeks have been crazy busy with all the small groups, churches, and meetings that all of us are having that I haven't had much time to update everyone on what was going on. We're still trying to find two places to meet for the two other churches that are multiplying, and that has been a bitter sweet experience. Let me explain; After we lost the rent for the building where we were metting, one of the members of the church voluntered his home for the next week's gathering. Now you have to understand that in a culture that is so hardwired into the idea that chruch is a "building" instead of a "people", it makes little to no sense why we (peruvians) would have church in someones home. But the week folowing we had more than 70 people in this tiny living room that was ment for about 2o people max! It was so amazing (and slightly uncomfurtable) to be cramed into that little room and to hear the voice of Gods people ring out with love and sincerity. Simply amazing. So why we are still looking for a building, we're not so sure that we really "need" one any more, so we're praying for God's will to be done in this.

Learning the language has been an "interesting" experience to say the least. Everyday I learn so much, and at the same time feel more and more like I don't know anything. Talk about frusterating! I'd have to say that, on average, I get laughed at or ridiculed about 5 or 6 times a day when I'm trying to communicate with people outside the church. For some reason it only makes me laugh at myself and realize how hilarious it must sound for a 6'4, 19 year old young man to be speaking like a 2 year old child. It's always the best to be asked some question like "So, how long are you going to be in Peru?" and your answer is "Si!", or for someone to ask "What's your name?" and you answer "Hasta Luego! (See you soon!)". Its awesome. I hope that my sarcasm isn't showing any hatred for the language, I just want to express how much "fun" it is learning a new language. I know that God is helping me everyday to learn and remeber more, and who knows, maybe by next week I might have the vocabulary of a 5 year old!

Well, thats all I can think to write at this time, but hopefully I'll be able tot get in the habit of making a weekly post. I pray that all of you are good and that you rely on God for everything because He's already given it to us!

God Bless,
-Bryson

No comments: